Making Decisions is designed to help you identify how you make decisions, how your style of decision making can work or be improved, and how you can weigh the pros and cons of deciding about cancer treatment. After listening to this Toolbox program, you will be better prepared to:
- Identify how you prefer to make decisions about cancer and cancer treatment
- Find out the benefits of getting a second opinion to help you make decisions
- Identify how much time you have to make a decision
- Weigh the pros and cons in making a decision about cancer treatment
- Understand that you are an individual, NOT a cancer statistic
Hear an Oncology Nurse talk about her observations of the decisions cancer survivors are faced with.
Taking the Lead
Learn the importance of taking charge of your care and making decisions to enhance your quality of life.
Survivor Stories: Types of Decision Makers
Listen to Jim talk about the beginning of his journey and learn the different types of decision makers.
Survivor Stories: Identifying Your Style
Hear what decisions Jim made and learn how to determine which decision making style you prefer.
Survivor Stories: Weighing the Pros and Cons
Hear how three women dealing with the same diagnosis determine what treatment is best for them and their lifestyle.
Survivor Stories: Complementary Therapy
Listen to Bill tell how he gathered information and made an informed decision about complementary therapy.
Hear a recap of the key principles and resources that will help you make sound decisions regarding your care.