Negotiating means talking with people involved in your healthcare so that you can get what you need to have the best quality of life possible. After listening to this Toolbox program, you will be better prepared to:
- Listen and communicate effectively
- Identify the values that are the principles and standards by which you live
- Set your personal limits—the boundaries of behavior that you will not cross
- Learn to set emotions aside when negotiating
- Visualize more than one solution to any problem
Learn the definition of negotiation and hear how learning to negotiate can help you receive the quality treatment you need and deserve.
Hear Joan, an Oncology Nurse, walk through the steps of negotiation.
Survivor Stories: Making Treatment Decisions
Hear Anna, a cancer survivor who wants to try a new treatment, learn how to negotiate with her doctor who isn’t necessarily in favor of the treatment.
Learn the facts of health insurance and about the laws that protect you as an American.
Survivor Stories: Negotiating Insurance Coverage
Hear how Anthony gathered all the necessary information to present to his insurance company to ensure that his treatment was covered.
Survivor Stories: Employment Issues
Listen to Nancy explain employment issues she encountered and learn about the laws benefit cancer survivors.
Hear about more resources that can better prepare you to negotiate for your quality care.